It is not a pleasant experience to be uninsured with potentially losing all your equipment, plant inventory and cash. In the past it wasn’t easy getting coverage for a cannabis cultivation facility. Today it is. With our experienced team, Insurance West will guide you through the process helping you to understand the coverage options available to you and your business.
What is Cannabis Cultivators Insurance?
Insurance specifically built to cover your needs as a legal marijuana cultivator.
What can be covered?
We can provide Cannabis Crop Insurance from – Seed to Sale!
- Living Plant-Seed, immature seedlings, vegetative and flowering plants.
- Harvested Plant- Material in the drying or curing process.
- Finished Stock-Material that has been processed ready for sale.
What will I be covered against?
Some potential dangers:
- Windstorm or Hail
- Sprinkler leakage from an automatic fire protective or extinguishing system
What additional types of insurance are available?
- Product Liability Insurance – Product liability insurance protects against claims of personal injury or property damage caused by products sold or supplied through your business. It is designed to help protect your business by ensuring that if this happens, you don’t have to pay any legal or court costs.
- Product Withdrawal or Recall – Insurance that covers expenses associated with recalling a product from the market. Product recall insurance is typically purchased by cultivators, processors, manufacturers, retailers to cover costs such as customer notification, transportation and proper disposal costs.
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance – Sometimes referred to as boiler and machinery insurance, covers the costly and physical and financial damage that can result from an equipment breakdown. This is a critical coverage for any marijuana business because standard commercial property insurance typically exclude the losses that equipment breakdown insurance is designed to cover. One example: A compressor fan motor bearing failed, causing the food in a packing house’s cooler to spoil. Total Loss: $79,236
- Business Income Insurance – This would cover the net income plus normal operating expenses in the event of a covered loss such as a fire.