What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance covers a variety of situations. Options and terms vary from one insurance company to another, so be sure you fully understand what is included in the policy. We can customized a policy that matches your business needs, complete with all available discounts.
Several types of coverage may be included in your commercial auto policy; others are options that you can purchase separately. You will also need to choose
- Liability insurance covers bodily injury to others and any property damage to another vehicle if you are at fault in an accident. Bodily injury pays others’ medical costs and lost wages, and your legal expenses if a lawsuit is brought against you due to an accident
- Personal injury to you, your employed drivers or passengers including medical expenses, lost wages and funeral expenses
- Collision coverage for costs associated with an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Comprehensive pays for damage to your vehicle from causes other than an accident. Such causes may include theft, flood, vandalism, earthquakes, fire or damage from a bird or animal
- Medical payments pays for medical expenses if your health care insurance – or your passengers’ – doesn’t cover the costs
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage pays for your injuries or property damage if you’re hit by an uninsured driver or, in some states, an unidentified driver and protects you if the at-fault driver doesn’t carry enough liability insurance to cover your bills – unless you live in a no-fault state, where each driver’s auto insurance policy responds to their own losses
- Non-owned auto coverage for when you or your employees drive a rented or borrowed vehicle
- Rental reimbursement when your commercial vehicle is being repaired and you use a loaner from the repair shop
- Roadside assistance protects you when problems arise that are not typically handled under your commercial auto policy. This could include being locked out of your car, dead batteries and flat tires
When Do I Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
You need commercial auto insurance for any vehicle that your company uses for business purposes, any vehicle that has a commercial license plate or tag and any vehicle that is registered as a commercial auto.
You must also get commercial auto coverage if your employees will be driving or using vehicles in the course of doing business, whether making deliveries, driving people to the airport or running errands on behalf of the business.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”sidebar-pages”][vc_btn title=”REQUEST A QUOTE” style=”flat” color=”warning” align=”center” button_block=”true” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insuranceforcannabis.com%2Fcontact%2Frequest-a-quote%2F|||”][/vc_column][/vc_row]